Install Propane Appliances, Get Cash!
Many of the propane appliances you install, including water heaters, gas packs and furnaces, qualify for rebates from the North Carolina Propane Education and Research Foundation. Close the sale by letting customers know about homeowner rebates—then cash in by applying for installer rebates! Please note: propane marketers are not eligible for installer rebates.
Installing propane appliances is easier than you may think
- Propane equipment is more efficient than electric appliances, lasts much longer and can save money over time.
- Every propane appliance is made with safety shut-offs and most appliances are equipped with electronic ignition systems to provide years of trouble-free operation.
- Propane water heaters have a hot water recovery rate that’s about twice as fast as electric models, which means there’s little chance of running out of hot water.
- Propane is considered one of the cleanest carbon-based fuels, emitting far less greenhouse gas than most other energy sources, especially electricity.
Here are the current North Carolina rebate opportunities
Hybrid heating systems
- Also known as a dual fuel system.
- Propane furnace “backs up” the heat pump when temperatures get too cold.
- Overall system is more energy-efficient, provides greater comfort and has a smaller carbon footprint.
- Packaged all-in-one unit installed outside the home.
- High-efficiency propane gas furnace keeps home warm even on the coldest days.
- Cooling component keeps home comfortable through the summer.
- Produces enough thermal energy to heat a home without the need for backup system.
- More than 90% efficient; consistently delivers heat in the 120-140 degree range.
- Can last up to 10 years longer than electric heat pumps, when properly maintained.
Tankless water heaters or storage tank water heaters
- Costs up to 30 percent less to operate than electric heaters, with a hot water recovery rate that’s much faster than electric models.
- Versatile, efficient and reliable hot water solution, with a wide range of capacities to meet demands for any home.